Thursday, November 06, 2008

Time to get real

It's time to buckle down people. Quit talking and start doing. Unite. Organize, prepare and get ready.

The Holidays are almost upon us. (You didn't really think I was going to talk about the e-l-e-c-t-i-o-n, did you?)

Strangely, except for some stocking stuffers which I'll wait until December 24 at 9:35 p.m. to run out to Target and purchase, I'm done with the kids presents* and M & I have already agreed that neither of us need anything this year. So now I have giant boxes hidden or disguised throughout the house. D is already a bit suspicious since she was here when UPS delivered twice in a row. She keeps asking me to do a fashion show so she can see what I ordered. It's hard to get things by her!

I've even started to plan my baking. So far, here's what's made the cut: gingersnaps; candy cane cookies; peppermint bark; fleur de sel caramels (Scott -- let me know where to send your batch!); jam thumbprints. I'll probably add some kind of quick bread. And maybe some rosemary-pepper cashews.

I absolutely cannot wait to decorate this year, especially since last year -- what with selling a house and moving two weeks before Christmas and all - we didn't even have a tree, or nutcrackers, or bows, or candles, or cookies or anything.

I love Christmas.

*Well, maybe not quite done. A is really into robots (he loves the movie Iron Giant) and I might try to find a simple remote control one for him. I'm getting them Wall-E for Christmas, so maybe I can find a Wall-E r/c toy?


NOTE: NaBloPoMo Day 6! I can do this!!

No comments: