A food meme I've seen going around.... feel free to steal! Or chime in!
1. Favorite milk? Publix Greenwise organic 2%
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook this season? Chili, Beef Wellington, perfecting my Roast Chicken
3. Topping of choice for popcorn? Butter
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure? Casseroles. My family HATES casseroles. My husband once actually left the table in the middle of the meal, horrified by the site of a breakfast casserole.
5. Favorite pickled item? Gherkins
6. How do you organize your recipes? By type: appetizers, breads, desserts, main courses, salads, veggies
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal? Trash and disposal
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)? Potatoes, blueberries, chocolate
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood? My dad grilling steaks and freshly-caught fish on his homemade, backyard grill-pit. Tied with my memory of huge family Sunday dinners with all of my cousins & my brothers & I playing hide n' seek in the yard.
10. Favorite ice cream? Haagen Dazs Fleur de Sel Caramel
11. Most loved kitchen appliance? My Kitchen Aid
12. Spice/herb you would die without? Die? Hmmm... maybe not die, but I'd be upset without thyme
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time? A Better Homes & Garden one that my parents got me when I moved into my first college apartment, circa 1987
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly? Guava
15. Favorite recipe to serve to a friend? BBQ chicken
16. Do you eat tofu? Nope, not willingly
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)? None right now. Cooking - esp. dinner - with two kids is a two-hour long exercise in frustration, tears and threats, culminating in a meal that barely gets eaten. My kids eat next to nothing. I don't know how they live.
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator? A bag of alphabet magnets, an empty box that my daughter pretends is her Easy-bake oven, a kids bicycle helmet
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking. Eggos, ice cream, frozen baguettes
20. What's on your grocery list? I always have apples, bananas, baby spinach, bread, Eggos, milk and cheese on the list.
21. Favorite grocery store? Publix
22. Name a recipe you'd love to try, but haven't yet. Homemade doughnuts
23. Food blog you read the most. Smitten Kitchen and Pioneer Woman Cooks
24. Favorite chocolate? Scharffen Berger Milk Almond
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately? A tiny jar of imported Fleur de Sel -- it was waaay more expensive per ounce than anything I've purchased lately
26. What vegetables do you enjoy most? Baby spinach, kale, swiss chard, onions, brussel sprouts, artichokes, green beans, peppers.... basically anything but corn. Not a fan of corn.