Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday update

You wouldn't know it from looking at me today, but I was one sick puppy over the weekend. I apparently had a Perfect Storm of every virus that has been making the rounds: the "tummy related" one, the high fever and aches one, the nausea one, the sore throat/cough one. My midsection hurt so much I actually thought I had appendicitis on Friday -- until M pointed out that I always think I have appendicitis when my tummy hurts. But this time it really hurt! Really!

Anyway. I guess when you get so many things all at once they kind of cancel each other out quick, because I was mostly better by Sunday and today I feel fine except for a tiny scratchy throat. And I lost 7lbs. over the weekend! As my sis said, we're always one good bout of the flu away from our perfect weight! Now as long as I don't eat my body mass in brownies over the next week, I may actually keep it off.

I checked my calendar this morning and we have something going on every weekend from now until Thanksgiving. I love this time of year, when the excitement of almost-holiday time lurks in the air. Now iIf only our weather would change to Fall -- and stay that way! It's not fair to be in the 90s in October!

No comments: