Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Autumn

It don't think it broke 70 yesterday. That's what I call nice!

I made a pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting for M to take into work. It made the house smell like Autumn. I gave A a small spoon of the frosting as a treat. I might as well have given him crack. He licked it all off, begged for more and then had a total fit when I told him he'd had enough. He wailed and whined and then when I put him in time out he looked at me, all teary-eyed, and said "Mommy happy?" I explained that I was happy but I was disappointed in how he was acting and it makes me feel sad to see him sad, especially when I thought he'd be happy he got a treat. Too much complex psych analysis for a two-year-old? He then forced a grin and said, "More?"

I'm breaking our month-long moratorium on TV today because I absolutely have to vacuum the house. We'll see how it affects him.

1 comment:

Broady said...

I think my heart would melt on the spot if my Bear were to say "Mommy happy?" so sweet! Good for you for resisting to bend to the charm and tantrums of the two-year old. It sounds really tough..

and I am baking my pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting this week! My recipe comes from Better Homes & Gardens and is apparently idiot proof, since I've been making it for 5 years!