Thursday, August 14, 2008

Independence day?

Tonight I am going to do something that I have never done in my entire six years and twenty-seven days of mommyhood. And maybe only once or twice in my entire almost-nine years of marriage.

I am going to a movie with a friend! Just me and a friend! That's right, although I've seen a couple movies in the theatre with M, it's been a long time since I've gone to one with a friend. At night. During the week. It's like....a small reprieve, with popcorn. I'm sad to say the last movie I went to with a friend was "Traffic" back in 2000? 1999? I don't remember. And before that it was, believe it or not, "Clueless." But tonight I'm seeing "Mama Mia."

A huge step. But M said he had no interest in seeing it. And I do. And he can be home by 7 to watch the kiddos. And although I pushin' the envelope a bit because we're going to the 7:35 show and so I'll be in public right smack in the middle of the time I'm usually falling asleep on the couch, I'm really looking forward to it.

I'll be the one singing along to every song.

1 comment:

kari said...

Okay, I can't compete with your non-movie-theatre attending, but the last I saw was summer 2007, Bourne Ultimatum. Who doesn't like Matt Damon? And before that it was summer 2006, Pirates II. I kind of hate those movies. But it is fun to watch Debbie have a good time.