Monday, August 25, 2008

Do you want to be friends?

I was looking at the list of blogs that I read on a regular basis and it has gotten huuuge. I love the variety of blogs that I read; I love each and every blog and the bravery of the people writing them to put a little bit - or a lot - of themselves out there every day. And it is addicting, this blogging. I don't always feel my "muse" compelling me to write, but I compulsively check in on each and every blog I read. Sometimes daily, sometimes more often. So if you've gotten a lot of hits from "St. Petersburg, Florida," I'll betcha it was me.

The blogs I read are widely varied, but I feel like I have something in common with all of the authors, even if it is just a little thing. SAHM? Preppy? Like to shop, read or cook? Travel (or live) abroad? Are you a little bit - or a lot - snarky? Do you gripe about your kids and husband? Can you be counted on for a dissenting opinion? Me too! There's a big group of blogs I read that I started reading ages ago when a really creative woman named Elizabeth had a wildly, widely popular blog called Preppy Cafe. And I found other blogs through those blogs and so on and so on... you get the picture? The blogs I read are sort of like my group of close friends: from a distance we all seem very similar, but within the group there's a huge variety of opinions, backgrounds, beliefs. I think it makes for a more interesting life, I think it brings more ideas to the table, I think it reminds me that I am part of a big picture and although I may just be one little voice, if my voice weren't out there then there'd be a little blank spot in that picture.

Alright. Enough contemplation. Back to our regularly scheduled program tomorrow.

No comments: