Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Such a geek

So on D's homework sheet tonight one of the assignments was to do a research report on chicks, due Friday, 3-5 pages with illustrations and a bibliography.

So after swim lessons and dinner, I rushed A into bed so that we could get to the Library before it closed and get some good reference books. I spent a solid hour with her there, teaching her about call numbers, the Encyclopedia and - God help me - how to cite. (Not for nothing is she the daughter of an English Lit major and a lawyer - we cite everything around here.)

On the way home, it occurred to me that this might be a bit advanced for a Kindergarten class. I re-read the homework sheet when we got back and there it was in teeny, tiny print at the bottom: "April Fools!"

I've been HAD.

What's more geeky... that I fell for it or that I was pretty excited about the project? Perhaps I need a hobby....

No comments: