Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Dinos for a day

April has been a busy month at school. The Kindergarten moms have been in charge of teacher treats all month and today is Paleontologist Day. The kids are beyond excited -- even my very, very girly girl who refused the offer of work shirts, desert boots and pith hats but was happy to wear a pink t-shirt and bright pink bandanna. She wanted to wear a skirt, but I was able to talk her out of it. They will get to measure dino "fossils," read a dino story, make a dino print and I'm in charge of the "hatching" station involving both papier mache eggs AND real hard-boiled ones that the kids will get to peel (and eat?!).

A is saying 2-3 new words a day now. I've actually started calling him "This" because it's the word he says the most. He's also started saying "no" -- to everything. This morning I had to take him to Mom's Morning Out (since I'm helping at school) and even though he hasn't been there since December, the second he saw the building he started to cry and say No NO NOOOOO. Do you hear faint screams? That's probably him. It broke my heart. For about 3 seconds. Then I rushed home to enjoy my hour of total quiet, uninterrupted alone time. Yay me!

I can't believe summer is right around the corner. I'm sorta dreading the days of "what do we do now?" but it is tempered by not having to get up at 5:30 a.m. and rush around every morning. Plus, this year D will be doing swim lessons and a bunch of camps so it's mostly just fun.

I'm off to Dino Day!

No comments: