Monday, January 08, 2007

More kitchen adventures

I'm trying to ease myself back into baking. Since we try to have a big Sunday Supper at our house, I wanted to make a nice light, healthy apple crisp for an after-dinner treat. Not sure where exactly I went wrong, but it was probably when I tried to substitute Splenda for the sugar in the topping. Or maybe because the Granny Smiths I used were too tart. Or that I put in two tablespoons of cinammon instead of two teaspoons. Or perhaps because I was nursing while it baked so I didn't notice that it was burning on top. Whatever. D & M said it was good anyway, but I had to add three scoops of vanilla ice cream to make it edible.

The meatloaf and mashed potatoes, however, were fabulous. Even D ate the potatoes, which she normally hates. They were loaded with mozzarella and parmesan though - two of her favorite foods.

A bit cooler this morning (or is that the a/c blowing on me?) Had to get up at 5:45 to get myself showered and dressed to take D to school - today was registration for Kindergarten. So I'm back in my pjs now, trying to get motivated for the rest of the day.

Baby A is still completely nap-resistant, despite a whole weekend of trying to get him on schedule. I can hear him lying in his crib, sucking on his hands and chattering to himself about it.

Tonight is the big game - UF v. OSU for the National Championship. All my Gator friends are watching tonight -- even M is going to watch with me -- although Sister Debbie will probably have to flip back and forth since the pressure of watching the whole game is too much for her. Also. Since it's on after the kids' bedtime, I'm going to treat myself to a bottle of beer to go along with my popcorn. Woohah. Party on.

GO GATORS!

No comments: