Friday, January 12, 2007

And you thought you knew me

Some little known (and well-known) factoids about us...

1) We love to read. I average 5 books a month (when not caring for an infant). M can read 2-4. I'm reading Little House on the Prairie to D right now. Baby A likes books too - but mostly just to chew on.

2) I have an obsession with sour cream. I see many foods as mere vehicles for the consumption of sour cream.

3) I can, and will, eat cake for breakfast. I'm eating a piece of M's birthday cake right now!

4) I especially like cakes made with sour cream.

5) Baby A's favorite song is "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean." I make funny faces for him during the "bring back..." part.

6) D's favorite song is "Hush Little Baby." I sing it to her every night at bedtime.

7) Both M & D hate the sound of the vacuum cleaner.

8) I buy organic milk (BGH scares me).

9) I'm terrified of frogs and lizards. Not too much else.

10) M & D are scared of spiders and spider-webs. We saw one of these once on a walk and D almost passed out from fright. I'm sympathetic because if it had been a frog in our path M would've had to carry me.

11) I can say the alphabet backward almost as fast as I can forward.

12) I think I photograph better from my right side.

13) I'm still in love with my husband.

14) My original college roommate is still one of my best and closest friends.

15) Someone at M's old law firm asked if D's hair was a wig. I hope because she had unusally beautiful, curly hair for a child, not because it looked like plastic.

16) D started talking when she was about 10 months old.

17) I try really hard not to compare D & A. I know they will develop on their own timetable. But is it weird he can't sit up yet?!

18) I am interrupted while blogging 9-out-of-10 times. A is crying for me right now.

19) D's favorite food is pasta.

20) We've been talking about trading in the MomMobile for something a little larger. I want a minivan, although the new Saturn Outlook is very nice too.

No comments: