Saturday, January 06, 2007

Al Gore is right?

An Incovenient Truth indeed. It's so hot and humid here - more like early summer. I'm running my a/c people. In January! Ugh. They're promising us a brief cool down next Tues & Wed so I'm looking forward to that.

Not much going on this weekend. I've been spending a lot of time on Martha Stewart getting ideas, recipes, tips, etc. I know she had a Handmade Christmas issue of her magazine, but because I spent so little time in the stores prior to Christmas (kids sick, remember?) I never even saw it. I wonder if I can order a back issue. I should really subscribe, but I gave up all my magazine subscriptions except for National Geographic about five years ago and I don't want to get back into it. Not only were they getting expensive, but issues just seemed to pile up without my ever reading them, or if I did read them and wanted to keep them, there was always a storage issue. So. No more magazines, except for Nat'l Geog, which I've got 14 years worth exploding out of two shelves of our precious bookcase space. Note to self: I really need to get some magazine holders for them.

I've got to plan for M's birthday this Thursday - I'm making either red velvet cupcakes or a white cake with lemon curd filling and buttercream frosting - and on Saturday, Sister Debbie is coming to watch the kids while M & I hit the town. If by "hit" you mean tapas and a movie.

No comments: