Monday, January 29, 2007

Happy Monday

Winter is here! Nice and cold today, it's after noon and still only in the 40s.

We had a nice, low-key weekend - spent yesterday going to some Open Houses to check out what's for sale in the neighborhood. Not that we're selling, but more to get ideas for what we can do with our house. We're meeting with yet another general contractor/builder tomorrow morning, and hopefully he'll be "the one." Finder a builder is like finding a husband in a lot of ways. Except I don't care if my builder has a good sense of humor and nice eyes.

This is also Catholic Schools Week so there is some type of celebration at D's school every day. Today was Have Lunch With Your Kid day, so we went and everyone got to see what an experience eating with Baby A is. He just doesn't like to sit still and hates in when I try to eat. Finally, one of the other moms took him so I could wolf down my burger. It's kind of a shame, because we were supposed to be there for D, but I hope she'll be happy that I was there anyway. Wednesday is Grandparents Day and all of the grandparents are going to be there - pretty cool! They have a fun day planned, starting with Mass in the morning and then a reception and tour of the school. It should be fun for D and I'm going to stay home with A so that she can have a day with her grandparents all to herself.

I think A is getting ready to pop another tooth, at least I hope he is, because that would be the best explanation as to why he is acting like a complete psychopath. Waking up 2-3 times at night, screaming when I put him down for "naps", fussy, fussy, fussy. Chewing and drooling and his cute little face is all chapped. Poor little guy. Of course, I'm not quite as sympathetic as I'd like to be since I've been up since 3:00 a.m., but I try.

No comments: