Monday, January 15, 2007

Manic Monday

So Mondays are my designated day to clean up, straighten up, put everything away from the weekend. I'm hampered a bit today by D being home from school for the MLK holiday, but will do my best.

Right now, I'm trying to get her to talk quietly since we're in the art room/office, which is right next to the bedroom where Baby A is trying to take his 25 minute morning nap. D, meanwhile, is doing mazes and speaking in, what seems to me, an unnaturally loud voice. While I repeatedly try to get her to speak softly. I think it's all really a ploy to get me to turn on the TV, but I swear I'd rather wake up the baby than have her sit in front of that thing all morning. I don't mind her watching a few shows - Curious George, The Upside Down Show, Little Einsteins, Backyardigans - but I'm also trying to encourage her to play by herself, use her imagination, etc. Kinda hard to do when the TV is on.

We had a nice weekend here. Saturday M & I went out for our first real restaurant dinner alone since the baby was born. We went to Pacific Wave and it was awesome. Sunday we had a nice Family Day and I made a really excellent Chicken Pot Pie for supper. Since I'm still in my PJs at 10:30 a.m. I guess I'm feeling relaxed. I better go try to get a shower before A wakes up.

No comments: