Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sew what

So (sew) I begged and begged for a sewing machine last Christmas and Santa obliged. And there it has sat, lonely in its box, ever since. I desperately want to learn to use it. People with large, oddly oval dining room tables NEED to know how to sew. I will never, ever find ready-made tablecloths that fit my table. And I've been hankering to make some bright, cheerful, peppy table linens for a while now. Sew (so) what's a girl to do? Enter:

fiberologie

Perfecto! What great fabrics! What great space! What a great idea! My flighty neighbor J and I are going to take a sewing class, if I can pin her down to a time. If not, in One Month, if the potty-training muse smiles on us, Big Boy Anders will be in preschool three mornings a week and I'm going to learn to sew on my own. 'Cause it's time to Step Up My Game.

1 comment:

lisagh said...

That looks like I place I could get lost in for hours! Have fun :)