Thursday, July 02, 2009

More rain

Raining again today. Whatever. I'm in a BAD MOOD.

Some joker was setting off fireworks last night in the rain. I can't stand hearing fireworks before it's officially time to set them off, i.e., Independence Day night or worse 10:30 p.m. on New Year's Eve. Can't you make it to midnight? Sheesh.

48 hours of almost constant rainfall and I've got the worst cabin fever. I'd even brave a trip to Wal-Mart just to get out of the house. And if you think it's bad for the humans... think of the poor dog who hasn't had a real walk since Tuesday. Plus she is terrified of storms so she's spent her days pacing up and down, up and down, and then pants at your feet from anxiety. Sleepless her, sleepless me. Anders is up every 30 minutes, nervous that there might be lightning. "What's that flashy stuff?", he asks us over and over and over again.

S'mores for breakfast and now the kids are watching Horton Hears a Who. And I don't care a bit.

I'll try to find a more positive frame of mind tomorrow. Mr. J has the day off (woohoo) and we're going to have a lunch date.

No comments: