Monday, December 17, 2007

Bah! Humbug!

I'm feeling a little Scrooge-y today. What with the unpacking that I didn't get around to, the washing machine that sounds like a 747 landing in the kitchen, that yesterday we were running our a/c and today I've had the heat going full blast all day, A starting up with the Terrible Twos AND a massive, nasty head/sinus cold, and then to top it off M had to be out of town tonight for work. Kinda puts the damper on my Christmas spirit.

I need to get my gratitude on though. That at least all the appliances kinda-sorta work, even if they are old. That our massive laurel oak in the front yard didn't cause any damage when it dropped a limb on the roof our second night here, and that our wonderful Tree Guy, Duane, will be able to fix the problem tomorrow (even though it is going to cost us a FORTUNE -- a fortune I wish I could've spent on, sayyyyyyy, new flooring or shoes or just about anything but tree trimming.) That we have such a beautiful house and that, now, when A is crying and coughing all night he only wakes us up... and not his poor sister. That M has a great job at a great family friendly law firm (two things that don't usually go together) and that he has taken on the burden of providing for us without complaint or anger.

OK... That is a lot to be thankful for. God has provided for us! What more could I ask for this Christmas?

No comments: