Thursday, December 27, 2007

And now for something completely different...

A post where I don't whine about the kids, the chaos, the general disorder of our lives!

We had a very merry Christmas at my mom & dad's house and the kids were enchanted by the tree, the presents and (for A) the piles of perfectly good paper and boxes that no one cared that he was playing with! True to form, neither M nor I took any pictures, relying solely on my sister's friend Paparrazi Kari to get some great shots of us all.

Christmas Day we had a delicious brunch at my parents and then opened our family gifts. My sister and mom and dad went overboard in a wonderful way and as usual I was blown away by not only the gifts but the awesome wrapping and presentation job. Sister J really has a knack for that kind of thing, a gene that the rest of us are sadly lacking as my gift wrapping is on par with your average kindergartener. After gifts, we spent a few hours at my brother's house playing with their kids and enjoying some of my s-i-l's delicious food -- her talent is putting together a spread. not to mention decorating and entertaining, in the midst of serious chaos.

D & A both got amazing gifts and Santa brought D a Webkinz (her most requested item) and the minute they woke up this morning they wanted everything set up. A got lots of vehicle-related gifts and has been patiently (for him) waiting for me to unpack!

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas as well and are filled with the peace and joy of this season.

No comments: