Monday, April 06, 2009

Family matters

This weekend was GLORIOUS. My dad's doctors told him last week that his blood cell counts were very, very good -- he's on a new med that really boosted his white cells. He's doing so well that he got the all-clear for visitors and so the kids and I jetted down for a one-day visit on Sunday! It's been four very long months since I've seen my parents and the rest of our Naples-based family and that's a very long time indeed (for us).

It was amazing to see them. My dad looked great - a little thinner but that was about the only difference. The kids played with their cousins and I got to talk and talk and talk to my mom & sister. My dad is about halfway through with the chemo and we are all looking forward to the day when we can put this behind us.

I couldn't have wished for a better day.

No comments: