Friday, April 03, 2009

Busted

What do parents want? Naturally, to have their kids grow up happy & healthy. Maybe more sleep. And, of course, peace and quiet to enjoy a yummy snack on the sly without the six year old badgering you for a bite and the two year old hanging on your leg like you're the last lifeboat on the Titanic.

So it was with great glee that I happily, privately licked the last of the banana cake batter off the beaters. Since it's pouring this morning, Anders was enjoying an encore showing of Jurassic Park and was so engrossed that he didn't even budge when he heard the mixer go off, which is usually his cue to come running into the kitchen demanding a lick of whatever it is I've made. Cake in the oven, I walked over to see how he was doing. "Mommy, what's that on your shirt? Is that CAKE?! I want some!," he yelled indignantly. Sure enough there was, all over my black shirt, huge drips of cake batter.

Busted.

No comments: