Friday, February 27, 2009

30

What can you do in 30 minutes? I can clean three full bathrooms top-to-bottom, including mopping floors, in 30 minutes. I can also change the sheets, do laundry and pick up the playrooms in 30 minutes. And I can usually pull dinner together in 30 minutes. 30 minutes is exactly the amount of time that it takes A to watch an average episode of Go, Diego, Go! on the DVR. Coincidence? More like examples of domestic precision, accuracy and efficiency.

M asked why A was watching "so much" TV while D never really did when she was 2-1/2. I had to think on that a bit before I remembered. We had a cleaning lady back in the day. We had a nanny. We ate out four nights a week. We took vacations and long weekends and day trips. And just like that I stopped feeling guilty for letting A watch TV.

No comments: