Monday, August 24, 2009

Empty nest?



Today was the first day of school! Woohoo!

Anders is in preschool three mornings a week and today was his very first day. Despite the slightly apprehensive look on his face in the picture, I am happy to report that he went off to class without a single tear or complaint and came home bubbly, excited, exhausted and singing "new" songs. I guess he forgot that we've been singing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" together for as long as I remember. And best of all, he came home wearing the same clothes I sent him in which means NO POTTY ACCIDENTS! I mean, he is completely potty trained but he has never gone in public without me right there. I guess he IS a big boy now, as he insists so often.

Dagny doesn't get out for another 2 hours, so I won't have her report until tonight. But since she's with all the same kids that she's been with since SHE was 3, I'm sure she'll just pick up where she left off last year.

And I? AM RELAXED. I haven't had a whole morning all to myself in 3 years and 1 month. Even Mr. J knew enough to clear out and give me some breathing room. Ahhhh.....

No comments: