Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

After such a tumultuous and emotional weekend, we had a very quiet New Year's Eve spent at home with the kiddos and, thankfully, Fize. I was actually in bed by 10:00 trying to fight off a mini-migraine. M was nice enough to give me a kiss at midnight, but I was unfortunately pretty out of it. I owe him one for sure!

Fize continues to improve. She has sutures/staples which come out in two weeks, but they don't appear to be bothering her. Sunday and Monday she was very out of it and just wanted to lie on her bed. Today she actually perked up when the kids were playing and came to sit under A's chair while he was eating (she knows a free handout when she sees one). It's great to see her picking up her old habits. She's on pain meds until next Sunday, so it keeps her pretty mellow. Hopefully we'll get good news back from the biopsy by the end of the week!

Today we took our traditional family New Year's Day outing to the zoo. We had a great time and the animals were very active with the cool, cloudy weather. Then we came home, I made a big stirfry and we had chocolate fondue for dessert. I'll post pictures as soon as I've found my card reader for the camera because a 17-month-old eating chocolate fondue is something you have to see to believe.

Hope you had a safe and happy New Year's Eve/Day too!

No comments: