Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Delivery day

Today's the day! Hooray! The appliances come today! It's been over a week since I've done laundry; a month since I cooked a meal in an oven. Unfortunately, since the delivery is scheduled for the latter part of the day, we had to schedule all the installations for tomorrow (or even later, in the case of the dishwasher) so we won't be cooking or washing today... but soon! I'm so tired of take out; I can't wait to cook a real meal. Unfortunately, because of the kids, it won't be anything gourmet but more along the lines of spaghetti & meatballs or perhaps Shake n' Bake pork chops. As for me, even more than cooking and laundering, I'm looking forward to dispensing my first glass of delicious, cold, filtered ice water from my brand spankin' new fridge.

So... if I owe you a thank you from Christmas... please forgive me for my tardiness. I'll get to them as soon as this last move-in hurdle is cleared.

No comments: