Friday, March 05, 2010

What I should be doing

I should be....
  • Vacuuming
  • Weeding and pruning our pitiful yard
  • Finishing the laundry, of course
  • Cleaning out our master sunroom
  • Organizing the Girl Scout stuff which is starting to take over the laundry room
  • Cleaning the bathrooms
  • Baking some bread for this weekend
  • Washing the MomMobile
  • On my way to the Mall to buy a new Sunday- best dress (I can tell you right now that I'm NOT going to do this and that I already know I'll be so angry at myself come Sunday morning when I want to wear a pretty dress and all I'll have is my black dress pants that I've been wearing all winter anyway.)
Instead I'm making batches of lemon, lime and orange curd. Our fridge is full of yummy tangy citrus curds, homemade Irish Cream and Girl Scout cookies. And asparagus. The first of the asparagus was in this week and I am SUCH a sucker for it. I love lightly steamed asparagus dipped into soft-boiled eggs. Or w/ a poached egg and thick cut bacon on a homemade English muffin topped w/ hollandaise. Or tossed with penne, gorgonzola and a little lemon juice. Or grilled with a little garlic oil.

I could go on and on. But someone's got to vacuum.


No comments: