Tuesday, September 22, 2009

This old house, or stuff I'm working on (or should be)

Weeding the yard. But with temps in the mid 90s and similar humidity, I'm not feeling too bad about letting this slide for another month. But. It's still atrocious!

Figuring out how to re-place our paver patio area. We still have the pavers, just need to get them back down. See above for the reason I'm putting this off.

Cleaning, decluttering and reorganizing upstairs closets. Some people do this in the spring, I do it in the fall.

Weed out all the 2T clothes from Anders' dresser and take them to the consignment store. Will have to wait until a school morning or I'll risk encountering some, um, pushback on certain items. Like the navy and maroon striped tee that is way too small, but one of his favorites. Dagny calls it his Winnie-the-Pooh shirt since his tummy sticks out.

Search around for: a game table for the living room, bunkbeds for Anders, desk & chair for Dags. I'm thinking Craigslist is a good place to start.

Buy caddies for cleaning supplies so I don't have to schlep them upstairs every time I clean.

Learn how to work the sewing machine so I can make window treatments. And a tablecloth.

Buy wood blinds for master bath.

Check out Etsy for art for the living room.

Frame kids' art for the playroom and our sunroom.

Decide what the heck we're going to do about our lack of a back door.

'Nuff.







1 comment:

Debbie said...

Freaky similarities:

I weeded for the first time last Saturday! I always despised weeding as a kid, but now I love it (at least while the house is still new). My hamstrings are still sore from crouching over for an hour.

And a friend just told me about Etsy this weekend. She's going to sell her greeting cards on there.

AND we finally have shelves and rods in all the closets so we can put stuff away/organize.