Friday, May 02, 2008

An open letter to the nice lady at my doctor's office this morning

Dear ma'am, I'm sure you meant well when that nurse announced my weight in an very loud "outside" voice and it was a number I'm used to associating with the phrase "second trimester" and you saw the look of utter dismay on my face as I turned around and lurched off the scale. However, you saying consolingly "that's what I weigh too!" does me no good since you are at LEAST 7 inches taller than I am. You only served to emphasize that I am both larger and shorter than I'd like to be. But I know you meant well.

So. No more ifs, ands or buts (butts). I can't change my height but I am willing to work on the rest. My goal? To lose a lofty, hefty 30 lbs. by the end of the year. Really -- that's only 5 lbs. per month! I can do it! I will start by not eating the entire, delicious, low-fat banana coffee cake I just baked. I will give it away instead. Hey, it's a start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am currently accepting coffee cake donations. I, too, am trying to shed a few, but, after all, it is my birthday month.

Aunt D

Anonymous said...

Let's make it a sister thing! Except in this month, because of D's bday and Mother's day.
Bunky