Monday, November 12, 2007

holy moley

What a weekend. I'm pooped.

First, it's been a non-stop cleaning-fest around here. We've had at least 2-3 showings of the house every day for about a week and a half. (Yay!) But, that means I'm constantly, CONSTANTLY cleaning. (Boo!) And picking things up. And hiding things. And etc. I'm tired of it and my hands are sandpaper dry even though I'm careful to wear gloves.

I did some fun stuff too. Friday night I took a few hours off to go out to dinner with some of my high school girlfriends who were in town for the weekend. It was great fun and so nice to catch up with them. But we were out until 12:30 so I will pay for that for about a week.

We also decided to have the interior of the house painted (to go with the general spiffing-up theme) and that meant we had to be out of our house all day Saturday and Sunday. What a total pain in the ass. Although it could have been worse -- I mean the weather was beautiful, D had a Girl Scout thing at school all day Saturday, and M took over baby duty for most of the weekend. But we weren't back in the house until 8:00 last night and spent a solid 2 hours doing a basic clean up. This morning I was back at it with vacuum, mop and sponge since we have a showing this afternoon.

And if all that weren't enough to wear a girl out, M forgot my birthday. I'm not generally passive-aggressive, but I'm going kinda let this stew and see what happens if I don't remind him. I know we've got a lot going on, but really? Completely forgot? Humph.

No comments: