Tuesday, September 04, 2007

In the still of the night

I love 9:45 at night. It is so peaceful. The kids are asleep and, after a long Labor Day fishing and a hard day back at work, M is too. The dishes are done, lunch and snacks packed, all toys are picked up off the floor. I can blog, read, email (although I probably won't, so I'm sorry if I owe you an email!) and polish off the rest of the Haagen-Dazs, although I won't do it while watching the "Biggest Loser" recap show. Even an unabashed dessert-hound like me will feel guilty indulging while a whole show of people go on and on about "willpower" and "good choices" and "label reading."

We had an absolutely lovely weekend at my mom & dads. It was so nice to get another little break. Coupled with A's "Mom's Morning Out" program (which started today) I feel very rested. While he was gone, I went to the grocery, called some more builders and even got a chance to cook some chicken for dinner. We even made it to school to pick up D early enough that we didn't have to race across town for her swim lessons.

Not sure what I'll do until bedtime - read a little? watch NCIS? more ice cream? All three!!

No comments: