Friday, May 05, 2006

6 down, 3 to go

Tomorrow I will be 6 months along! Whee! August 5 is right around the corner! Last dr. appt. was great - he's very active and pretty big. I'm doubling my efforts to be careful about what I eat. With the exception of this weekend when my Mom, M-I-L and sisters are all coming to take me out for a fancy brunch.

The other day D saw one of those planes pulling an advertising banner - she pointed it out to me, "Look Mommy! A coupon up there." So cute. The last time we saw one we had explained the difference between an ad and a coupon - but I guess some of the finer points got confused.

Three more weeks of school to go. Next year, D will still be at the same school, but going five mornings a week. I think she's ready, most of her friends are returning, and it will really be a nice break for me since I'll have Junior to deal with at that point. I'm hoping my mom can come to help for a few weeks or a month like she did with D, but unfortunately, we're out of rooms here. So we'll have to do some creative juggling.... I'd send D to my parents for a month, but she'll be in school. I hate to put my mom in a hotel.... I wonder if we can renovate in 3 months?

School ends with an event called "Water Day," which I thought was some kind of educational event about conservation, ecology, blah blah blah. Come to find out it's a day of slip n' slides, sprinkler balls, wading pools, etc. for the kids on the last day of school. What was I thinking?! Anyway, I can still help because, after the water fun, they have a make-your-own sundae bar and I'll help do that. I don't know what D is more excited about, the water or the ice cream.

M's parents arrive for a week visit tomorrow so today I'm cleaning house and making muffins and a lasagna and a bunch of other make-ahead stuff. Busy day, but it will be nice to visit with them for a week.

No comments: