Thursday, December 10, 2009

Under the weather

Haven't seen the sun in about a week now. So humid that our porch has standing water on it (DISGUSTING). Had to turn on the a/c yesterday so we could dry out a bit. Everything feels moist.

Help! Send sun!

Did you know we have a solar water heater? It makes this quiet humming noise as the water cycles through the heater thingamajig. I haven't heard it in Idontknowhowlong so I assume we're on the electrical back-up heater. The downside of going green -- only works when Nature cooperates. Well, I guess we could take cold showers (NOT!)

Going to crank up the oven, make some toasty granola, some pumpkin spice muffins and a yummy hashbrown casserole for dinner.

1 comment:

liraelwiddershins said...

I'm not sure I've got the right address for you guys anymore -- can you send it to me? kim@yabookscentral.com

Hope you all are well!

I'm proud of Max -- he hasn't tried to unwrap any of the presents under the tree at all! I thought for sure he would