Saturday, June 03, 2006

R & R

My peaceful and relaxing week "off" is almost at an end. My family will be home tomorrow evening and I'm looking forward to seeing them.

In one short week I managed to go to a movie, watch the LOTR series (deluxe DVD version), read a book, walk the dog twice a day, make ice cream, buy some blankets and other stuff for the baby, find new pants, make (but not eat!) a peanut butter pie, and listen, uninterrupted, to all the 80s music I wanted. We're talking Duran Duran, Simple Minds, Berlin... stuff that usually makes M cringe. But I loved driving around singing along to "Hungry Like the Wolf." Back to Raffi on Monday. At least I got my fill of great old music and elves -- there's something about that Legolas. Too bad Orlando Bloom looks kinda skeevy in real life. Sigh.

I also spent way too much time online, mostly due to bad summer TV reruns, and as a result I know way too much about Brad & Angelina's baby and the Denise Richards/Heather Locklear/Richie Sambora love triangle. If you ask me, Denise Richards is making some pretty poor choices in men. Charlie Sheen is no catch in my book, but he looks great next to Richie Sambora. Plus everyone knows you DON'T hook up with your best friend's husband/boyfriend/crush. C'mon people - that's stuff you learn in high school!! Tragically, I guess Denise considers herself above the basic rules of best-friendship.

That I even give a crap about any of this just shows I've been alone too long.

No comments: