Well, here's the start of my "100 Things About Me" list that almost every blogger seems to put up eventually. Unfortunately, mine's going to be cut a bit short (for now) because we found out today that I'm going to be induced on Sunday night. Apparently BabyBoy is getting quite large - 8lb 10oz at today's ultrasound - and the docs don't want him getting much larger. I knew he was big, but wowie zowie. I've only gained 19 lbs. total, so a lot of the weight is HIM. Wish me luck for Monday, I'm still planning on a natural birth (at the moment). See ya!
1) I've been married to M for almost 7 years.
2) We have a wonderful 4-year-old daughter (D) and a BabyBoy on the way.
3) I met my husband in 1995 while interviewing him for a job. It was love at first sight. I knew I was going to marry him within an hour of meeting him.
4) I was born in Milwaukee, spent my early childhood in Kingston, Jamaica and the rest of my life mostly in Florida.
5) I went to The University of Florida.
6) While a freshman at UF, I decided a great way to impress guys would be to learn all about football.
7) Turns out I love football!! I know all about college and pro teams and can provide a pretty decent game analysis.
8) My favorite college team is the Gators. My favorite pro team is the Pittsburgh Steelers.
9) I'm the eldest of five, but my middle brother died in a car accident when I was 24.
10) We named our daughter after a skier from the 2002 Norweigan Olympic team. Her middle name is from my maternal grandmother.
11) I hate gardening and refuse to have anything to do with it.
12) I'm terrified of lizards and frogs, but can handle almost anything else that creeps or crawls.
13) I learned to ride a horse before I could ride a bike.
14) I'm still not that great on a bike, but I took first place in a Walk, Trot, Canter class at a local horse show.
15) I have a teddy bear that my paternal grandfather gave me when I was about 18 months old.
16) I have no sense of rhythm but I love to dance.
17) The first song I knew all the words to was "Bridge Over Troubled Water."
18) I am a voracious reader.
19) I own all the Harry Potter books and was shocked, SHOCKED, by Book 6.
20) I think the best gift in the world is an iTunes gift certificate.
21) I once stayed awake for 48 hours downloading music from the Internet.
22) I know how to code an HTML page.
23) I was on the Varsity swim team for 4 years in high school.
24) My favorite food is a baked potato.
25) I love 80s music and classic rock n' roll.
26) My first concert was Chicago, the opening act was the J.Geils Band ("Freeze Frame!")
27) The last concert I went to was New Order.
28) I once dated a skateboarder named Stoney and a surfer boy named Skip. (Not at the same time!)
29) My all time favorite movie is The Shawshank Redemption.
30) I'm a TV junkie.
31) The only magazine I subscribe to is National Geographic.
32) I've never been shy, but sometimes I keep my opinions to myself to avoid conflict.
33) I dislike procrastination and indecisiveness.
34) I'm a Scorpio.
35) I'm a neat freak when it comes to my daughter's toys. But in 4 years, we've only lost 1 toy (the cow from her Fisher-Price farm.)
36) The first "R" movie I saw was Jaws.
37) My favorite place to vacation is the beach, any beach.
38) The most beautiful place I've ever been is Lake Bled, Slovenia.