Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hot, sick

There is a sore throat bug going around D's class. She & I had it over the weekend. A has it now - and in spades. Amazing how a little thing like that can spread so quickly. It's only fifth day of classes! Poor A. Everyone else just had a 24 hour sore throat. He gets a fever, sore throat, nasal congestion and now he's wheezing like an accordian. Or maybe a bagpipe.

It's too hot to do anything or go anywhere anyway. My MIL and I made the rounds of the home stores this a.m. looking for handtowels for the downstairs bathroom and curtain rods for the kids' rooms to go with the curtains I finally got around to ordering. Pottery Barn Kids had the gingham panels I've been wanting on super, duper triple-deep clearance, $12.99/panel! Woohah! I hardly ever get good bargains because I'm too impatient to wait for things to go on sale, but in this case I'm glad I procrastinated.

Gotta go dose the kid with Pediacare. I don't care what they say about kids and cold medicines. I think it makes them feel better.

No comments: