Thursday, January 24, 2008

Please, no

These are A's two favorite words right now. I'm not wild about the "no" thing, but at least he's being polite about it, right? It's also becoming the refrain for my days, as in "Please. God. No." because I highly suspect he's trying to give up his nap. He's been down to just one for a few months now, but he's fighting the one he has left tooth and nail and I am half-dreading the sheer exhaustion of trying to keep up with (and keep happy) an active little 18-month old all day long. I don't whether it's his age or mine, but I'm just tired, TIRED all the time. There are some pros and cons, of course. PRO: I won't have to worry about rushing him home from activities so he can nap. CON: we'll all have to survive on quick dinners until he can learn to play by himself for more than 3.5 seconds. PRO: We can go to the park to play and have a picnic lunch. CON: No more quiet mornings baking, crafting, blogging or catching up on mail. PRO: A good excuse to put off the housework. CON: You know what happens when you put off the housework.

Oh well. It was bound to happen sometime. At least he still goes to bed by 6:30.

No comments: